Table of Contents
- The Best Advent Calendars
- 1. Lindt Teddy Chocolate Advent Calendar
- 2. Kinder Mixed Christmas Advent Calendar
- 3. Yankee Candle Advent Calendar
- 4. Haribo Christmas Sweet Advent Calendar
- 5. Cath Kidston Beauty Advent Calendar
- 6. Pukka Herbs Tea Advent Calendar
- 7. Ilchester Cheese Advent Calendar
- 8. Blue Tree Gin Advent Calendar
- 9. BIC Christmas Advent Calendar
- 10. LEGO 76390 Harry Potter Advent Calendar
- How We Rated
Advent Calendar Comparison
The best advent calendars are very much dependent upon the type and as you can imagine, there is plenty to choose from. To help you choose the best for each of the main types, below are some of our best rated recommendations:
- Chocolate – Lindt Teddy
- Candle – Yankee Candle Xmas Scents
- Sweets – Haribo Christmas
- Beauty – Cath Kidston Bath & Body
- Tea – Pukka Herbs Sachets
- Cheese – Ilchester Individually Wrapped
- Gin – Blue Tree Selection
- LEGO – Harry Potter Gifts
- Alternative – BIC Writing Products
Below you can find further details of the calendars with regards to their quality, contents and why we recommend them.
The Best Advent Calendars
1. Lindt Teddy Chocolate Advent Calendar
The Lindt Advent Calendar is a popular option that’s filled with a mixture snowdrops, truffles, napolitains and a full sized chocolate teddy for Christmas Eve. It also features a festive design that’s sure to get you into the Christmas spirit.
Other features of the Lindt Teddy Calendar include:
- 24 assorted milk chocolates
- Individually wrapped for freshness
- Suitable for vegetarians
- Manufactured in Germany
- Ideal for all ages
To conclude, the Lindt Christmas Advent Calendar is an excellent all-round option that’s filled with high quality German chocolate. The inclusion of the large chocolate teddy for the 24th is another great bonus and it won’t disappoint.
Check it Out
2. Kinder Mixed Christmas Advent Calendar
Kinder chocolate is popular with both children and adults and their advent calendar is a highly rated option to consider. Not only does it contain a range of the brand’s chocolate and toys but it also features a festively designed box.
Other features of the Kinder Chocolate Calendar include:
- 24 doors to open
- Detailed festive box design
- Selection of Kinder eggs, figures and bars
Overall, if you want an alternative chocolate advent calendar to the Lindt option above that’s also more suitable for children, the Kinder calendar is a great option to consider. Not only does it include a mixture of the brand’s toys but the design of the box is also more playful too.
3. Yankee Candle Advent Calendar
For anyone that enjoys Christmas candles, Yankee Candle offer the ultimate advent calendar that contains 24 scented tea lights. According to the brand, each of the candles provide a burn time of up to 6 hours and there is a selection of 8 seasonal scents such as snowflake cookie, Christmas magic and so much more.
Other features of the Yankee Candle Advent Calendar include:
- 24 scented candles (8 different scents)
- Supplied with a clear glass tea light holder
- Festive wreath design
- Burn time of up to 6 hours per candle
Although expensive, the brand’s latest Advent Calendar is the perfect gift for any Yankee Candle lovers. The choice of scents included are all festively chosen and they burn for up to 6 hours, which is ideal for the dark December nights.
Check it Out
4. Haribo Christmas Sweet Advent Calendar
Not everyone enjoys chocolate, which means a sweet based alternative would be the better option and Haribo have the answer. Their calendar is one of the most popular on the market and it’s filled with a mix of the brand’s popular sweets.
Other features of the Haribo Sweet Advent Calendar include:
- Mixture of seasonal mini bags and themed jellies
- Festive Haribo design
- Total of 24 windows to open
- Includes Tropifrutti, Goldbears and MAOAM bags
Overall, the Haribo Advent Calendar is the best alternative to the traditional chocolate calendars and it won’t disappoint. It includes all of the favourites from around the world and also offers great value for the money too.
Check it Out
5. Cath Kidston Beauty Advent Calendar
Beauty advent calendars are becoming increasingly more popular each year and the Cath Kidston brand release a new edition each Christmas. This calendar in particular is their latest and it includes 24 mini beauty treats that are all designed in the UK and use authentic Cath Kidston designs.
Other features of the Cath Kidston Beauty Advent Calendar include:
- Selection of 24 beauty gifts
- Cruelty free and vegan
- Mixture of bath and body items
- Festive Christmas tree design
- Made in the UK
To conclude, the Cath Kidston beauty advent calendar is a premium option but when you consider the cost of each of the items, it actually works out as great value for the money. The mixture of bath and body items include the brand’s most rated products and the calendar itself is contained in a well-presented box with a bow to open and close it.
Check it Out
6. Pukka Herbs Tea Advent Calendar
Another popular option to consider is the tea based advent calendar by the Pukka Herbs brand. It contains a selection of 24 different sachets of herbal tea that have been handpicked by the brand based upon their popularity.
Other features of the Pukka Herbs Tea Calendar include:
- Festively designed
- Sachets are 100% recyclable
- Wide selection of flavours
- Organic and ethically sourced
Overall, if you want something a little bit different or an introduction to herbal teas, you can’t go wrong with this tea advent calendar by Pukka Herbs. It’s relatively affordable and unlike many of the alternatives, every calendar door is different because each of the sachets include a unique flavour.
7. Ilchester Cheese Advent Calendar
As well as chocolate, cheese is another desirable temptation and the Ilchester brand are the first to offer a cheese advent calendar. It includes 24 individually wrapped cheeses inside and a clever foldable construction.
Other features of the Ilchester Cheese Calendar include:
- Folds together to take up less fridge space
- 9 different cheese varieties
- Individually wrapped
- Each cheese is 20g in size
Overall, if you want a cheese advent calendar that’ll last throughout December, you can’t go wrong with the Ilchester calendar. We really like the fact that the calendar folds in size too because your fridge may already have limited space due to the food required for the big day.
8. Blue Tree Gin Advent Calendar
Gin is one of the most popular alcoholic beverages in the UK and now you can countdown to Christmas with this gin advent calendar by Blue Tree. It contains 24 miniature bottles of gin that have been handpicked by the brand based upon their popularity, flavours and recent releases.
Other features of the Blue Tree Gin Advent Calendar include:
- Contains 24 x 5 cl bottles of gin
- Handpicked selection of gins
- Available in red or green
- Latest edition by the brand
Overall, the Blue Tree Gin Advent Calendar is the perfect choice for any gin lovers and it features a great selection to enjoy as you countdown to Christmas.
Check it Out
9. BIC Christmas Advent Calendar
BIC are a brand that are well-known for their pens and they’ve recently released their own Christmas advent calendar. It contains a selection of felt pens, pencils and other components that are perfect for filling up any pencil cases.
Other features of the BIC Christmas Advent Calendar include:
- Contains 24 gifts
- Well packaged with easy to open doors
- Supplied with 24 colouring cards and 20 stickers
- Selection of felt pens, pencils and colouring cards
The BIC Advent Calendar is fairly unique when compared to other calendars and it’s something different than receiving chocolate each day. Considering all that’s included, it also offers great value for the money too.
Check it Out
10. LEGO 76390 Harry Potter Advent Calendar
If you are looking for a kids advent calendar that doubles up as a toy each day, the LEGO Harry Potter calendar is a great option to consider. It’s suitable for kids that are 7 years old or over and it includes 24 calendar doors to open.
Other features of the LEGO Advent Calendar include:
- 6 mini-figures of the most popular Harry Potter characters
- Assortment of extra props
- Printed board game on the calendar itself
- Highly detailed LEGO
To conclude, if your child loves the Harry Potter series and you want to get them a LEGO advent calendar, it’s the perfect solution. The only downside is the premium price tag but considering all the items inside of the calendar doors, it’s worth paying the extra for.
How We Rated
Every Christmas for as long as I can remember, we’ve always had advent calendars to open as a family. Whether it’s a standard chocolate advent calendar or a beauty product alternative, we’ve had a wide range over the years. As shown in the photo, our most recent “special” advent calendar we opened during December was a calendar filled with gourmet popcorn.
As well as many Christmases of opening calendar doors, we also based our recommendations upon hours of research and a number of factors. Some of the factors that we considered included the advent calendar’s contents, festive design, construction quality and value for money.
Advent calendars are on a complete new level when compared to a few years back. Rather than having traditional chocolate filled calendars, you now have the choice of beauty, candle and even gin filled advent calendars. All of our recommendations above cover a wide selection and they are the most up to date calendars for this particular year.